MTNL GPRS / 3G Settings
If you are MTNL 3G or 2G customer and want to use Mobile Internet, then you need to have GPRS /3G settings on your mobile . The settings are same for postpaid and Prepaid for GPRS as well 3G. These settings can be obtained from MTNL call centre 1503/9869012345 or from MTNL website at this link:
By putting in your mobile number and password (whcih you receive on your mobile) you can choose your phone brand and model. The system automatically sends the setting to your mobile,which you need to save.
Even after setting is saved you are not able to use internet then you need to remove all other GPRS settings previously saved , make MTNL setting as default setting and then try.GPRS settings are usually saved in
You can also set your settings manually all by yourself . We are giving details of manual settings for Android smartphones followed by Windows Smartphones.
3G/ GPRS Settings for Android Smartphones
1 ) Go to Settings .
2) Click on Wireless & Networks
3) Click on Mobile Networks then Access Point Names
4) Now from Options Menu choose “New APN’ ( alternatively you can edit changes in existing ones also)
5) Under Name Menu type ‘MTNL 3G’ ( you can write anything like MTNL GPRS or just MTNL )
6) Then under APN type ‘mtnl.net’
7) Leave other menus as it is and save from options menu.
For SCREEN SHOTS please click here
3G/ GPRS Settings for Windows 8 Smartphones
- Go to Settings
- Select Access Point
- Now click on add button given at the bottom.
- Under Connection name type the name of the operator
- Under Access Point Name type the APN of the operator .
- Save the Settings
- Now go to Cellular data and select ON under data connection .
- Go to the browser and surf internet
For SCREEN SHOTS of WIndows 8 settings please click here
Remember APN is the most important thing in GPRS/3G settings. So if you are facing problem with connecting your mobile for internet access then first ensure that your APN is correct.
These are the APNs for other mobile operators. These can also be used in data card settings as well.
Reliance: rcomnet or smartnet
Tata Docomo/T24: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET
If you still face problem then contact the call center of your operator. If you have anything to share regarding 3G /GPRS settings please mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by telegurus (see all)
- Karbonn intros Titanium S9 – 5.5 inch, 13MP, Quad Core phone @Rs.19,990 - July 5, 2013
- LAVA introduces Iris 504Q – 5 inch Android phone with Gesture support - June 17, 2013
- Uninor introduces special GPRS packs in Bihar & Jharkhand circle - May 2, 2012
- RIM launches Mini Keyboard for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - March 14, 2012
- Telecom Operators can not cancel MNP Porting requests – TRAI - February 23, 2012