Virgin Mobile launches GSM services in South cirlces
After establishing in CDMA,Virgin mobile has set its foot in much flooded GSM arena.It has launched its services in southern states Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. It will be using Tatateleservices Ltd. Network.It plans to spread its wings in Orissa , Maharashtra and North India by March 2010. Virgin has since inception establish ed itself as youth brand and this will further consolidate its position among youth. The company has roped in Ranbir Kapoor and Genelia D’Souza as its brand ambassadors.
At the tariff front it will charge 20 paise per minute for STD and local calls to any Virgin mobile number without any special pack. Virgin Mobile customers calling any other network will be charged at 40 paise per minute for local and 50 per minute for STD calls
Virgin Mobile will offer ‘vMingle’, an integrated social networking service which brings all social networking sites at one place. It allows users to stay in touch with friends across all social networks at one time through a single log-in.
It will also offer ‘vGenie’, which offers prompts and alerts like birthday reminders, wake-up calls and social networking updates. Another offering ‘vBelong’ enables users to create and design their own WAP sites for their group, college etc.
Latest posts by telegurus (see all)
- Nokia Ovi Life Tools now on Bharti Airtel’s mobile service - August 18, 2010
- Nokia unveils Super slim Nokia X3 ‘Touch and Type’ mobile phone - August 17, 2010
- Lava Mobile handsets now incorporated with new rupee symbol - August 17, 2010
- WiMAX INDIA 2010 is all set to take India on the Broadband Highway - August 17, 2010
- MTS felicitates freedom fighters of India - August 13, 2010