BSNL to launch money order transfer SMS-based service in association with India Post
Sending money orders may become easier in future. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)’s mobile banking platform will help mobile subscribers to send money orders electronically. This will SMS based service in association with India Post. Receiver will be able to encash the SMS at all post offices in the country.
Anyone want to send money order through BSNL’s transfer service may do so by visiting his nearest post office and can transfer the money through an SMS. The SMS will contain a unique code which can be used by receiver to collect the money by showing the code at the nearest post office.
The service will save the time and money in terms of transaction cost as the SMS will reach in real time. Also this service will help people not having a proper address for physical delivery of the money order.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017
- Vodafone adds three new prepaid combo plans - May 25, 2017