BSNL to launch money order transfer SMS-based service in association with India Post
Sending money orders may become easier in future. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)’s mobile banking platform will help mobile subscribers to send money orders electronically. This will SMS based service in association with India Post. Receiver will be able to encash the SMS at all post offices in the country.
Anyone want to send money order through BSNL’s transfer service may do so by visiting his nearest post office and can transfer the money through an SMS. The SMS will contain a unique code which can be used by receiver to collect the money by showing the code at the nearest post office.
The service will save the time and money in terms of transaction cost as the SMS will reach in real time. Also this service will help people not having a proper address for physical delivery of the money order.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- High Court removes 200 SMS per day limit for non-commercial messages - July 14, 2012
- Airtel’s new prepaid data pack to offer 2G and 3G data in same pack - July 13, 2012
- BSNL introduces new prepaid CDMA data packs - July 12, 2012
- TRAI sets Quality of Services (QoS) Parameters for data services. - July 11, 2012
- Airtel brings new BlackBerry offers in Andhra Pradesh - July 11, 2012