Sam Pitroda Recommends BSNL to scrap Tender for GSM Expansion
Pitroda panel,headed by Sam Pitroda ,advisor to Prime Minister,has recommended BSNL to scrap the controversial GSM network expansion contract for 93 million lines.BSNL’s network expansion process has been excessively delayed when Nokia Siemens filed a case in high court when it could not get shortlisted in tender.
To avoid all such problems and to improve business processes,Pitroda Panel asks BSNL to not buy telecom equipments and manage them on own but to follow managed network services model which private operators follow.
In managed services model,the network planning,rollout and maintenance work are relegated to equipment vendors and then operator can concentrate on core areas.This model is followed by most of the private operators while BSNL and MTNL follow the traditional way of buying the equipments.
Latest posts by Gaurang (see all)
- Uninor launches Monsoon Hungama STV 48 in Bihar & Jharkhand circle - July 13, 2012
- Micromax launches solar phone X259 for Rs.2499 - July 12, 2012
- How to Get 3.7 GB 3G data for Rs.300 only - July 11, 2012
- MTNL relaunches Trial 1099 Broadband offer with enhanced value - July 5, 2012
- Tata Photon Plus tariff slashed - June 30, 2012