BSNL to Scraps 93 Million Line Tender:CNBC Tv18 reveals
BSNL has been in news since quite some time and the Committee headed by Sam Pitroda has recently given many recommendation for improving its performance.As per sources from CNBC Tv18 ,BSNL has obeyed the very first recommendation of Committee and decided to scrap 93 million GSM lines tender which was in turmoil since its inception.For expanding its GSM network BSNL had come up with a tender to which many big companies had applied.Nokia Siemens was not shortlisted and then it knocked the door of court alleging anomalies.Since then it has been excessively delayed and lots of complicacies arised.
Sam Pitroda committee had recommended BSNL to scrap the tender and follow the procedure adopted by private operators.Private telecom operators outsource their networks and concentrate on marketing and sales part.This is termed as managed network services.This enables them to focus on core areas and obviates huge expenditure.
So BSNL seems to have taken lesson and decided to scrap the mega tender deal and go for managed network services from vendors as per the sources.
Latest posts by Gaurang (see all)
- Uninor launches Monsoon Hungama STV 48 in Bihar & Jharkhand circle - July 13, 2012
- Micromax launches solar phone X259 for Rs.2499 - July 12, 2012
- How to Get 3.7 GB 3G data for Rs.300 only - July 11, 2012
- MTNL relaunches Trial 1099 Broadband offer with enhanced value - July 5, 2012
- Tata Photon Plus tariff slashed - June 30, 2012