Reliance joins hand with GetJar for mobile application store
Amid falling ARPU’s and calling rates telecom operators are bullish on the fact that mobile applications will address the next level on growth of telecom industry. Success stories of Airtel and Vodafone have already endorsed this and now Reliance Communications is set to join the bandwagon as it going to join hands with world’s largest cross-platform app store GetJar.The app store from Reliance will offer more than 60,000 applications across both platforms of GSM and CDMA accessible through wide range of mobile handsets. This is going to be integrated with R World which is the value added service platform from Reliance Communications which offers services both on GSM and CDMA platform.
GetJar provides more than 50,000 mobile applications across all major handsets and platforms to consumers in 200 countries. In addition to distributing content directly to consumers, GetJar also works with a select number of distribution partners, including Sony Ericsson, Sprint, Opera, Vodafone, 3UK and Virgin Mobile.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017
- Vodafone adds three new prepaid combo plans - May 25, 2017
- Mobile Subscriber Base reaches 117cr in March’17 - May 20, 2017
- High Court removes 200 SMS per day limit for non-commercial messages - July 14, 2012
- Airtel’s new prepaid data pack to offer 2G and 3G data in same pack - July 13, 2012