Reliance joins hand with GetJar for mobile application store
Amid falling ARPU’s and calling rates telecom operators are bullish on the fact that mobile applications will address the next level on growth of telecom industry. Success stories of Airtel and Vodafone have already endorsed this and now Reliance Communications is set to join the bandwagon as it going to join hands with world’s largest cross-platform app store GetJar.The app store from Reliance will offer more than 60,000 applications across both platforms of GSM and CDMA accessible through wide range of mobile handsets. This is going to be integrated with R World which is the value added service platform from Reliance Communications which offers services both on GSM and CDMA platform.
GetJar provides more than 50,000 mobile applications across all major handsets and platforms to consumers in 200 countries. In addition to distributing content directly to consumers, GetJar also works with a select number of distribution partners, including Sony Ericsson, Sprint, Opera, Vodafone, 3UK and Virgin Mobile.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 118.6 cr, Jio adds 6 mn customers in Jun’17 - August 17, 2017
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017