Nokia Ovi Life Tools now on Bharti Airtel’s mobile service
Nokia and Bharti Airtel tied up to introduce Ovi Life Tools service targeted at providing Airtel’s mobile customers with access to relevant content on agriculture, education and entertainment. This partnership between India’s largest maker of mobile devices and largest telecom operator represents a wide scale distribution model that will empower Indian masses with improved access to information available in a simple icon based, graphically rich user interface. With this association, Airtel customers will be able to seamlessly activate Ovi Life Tools across areas with network availability. Airtel mobile services customers can now subscribe to Ovi Life Tools starting at Rs 10 per pack.
Ovi Life Tools on Bharti Airtel network
- Agriculture services: includes personalized agri related information, weather updates, crop advisory and market prices of their produce
- Education services: includes focused offerings on Learn English, General Knowledge & Exam preparation modules covering State and Central Boards
- Entertainment services: includes downloadable wallpapers, ringtones, RBT, games, jokes, news, and much more
Ovi Life Tools is a range of innovative and personalized services covering Agriculture, Education and Entertainment targeted at both urban and rural consumers. These services are designed to address information gaps thus enabling consumers to be better informed and positively impacting their life improvement and livelihood needs. For instance, farmers can leverage Ovi Life Tools’ Agriculture Services to get immediate personalized updates on areas such as best practices from experts, weather advisory and Market prices & arrivals of crops from the nearest mandis. The Ovi Life Tools embedded client has been customized for Airtel, which is a first for any operator in India. Ovi Life Tools delivers to the Airtel customer his favorite services along with a host of livelihood enhancing services in a seamless format.
This service is available on a range of Nokia handsets including the popular entry level devices and is available in 11 Indian languages including Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada and Punjabi in addition to English.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Shireesh Joshi, Chief Marketing Officer, Mobile Services, Bharti Airtel said, “This exciting partnership with Nokia, which is first of its kind, extends Airtel’s ever increasing suite of services focused on India’s Rural & Semi-urban market. We hope that Ovi Life Tool becomes a key component of our emerging market portfolio, enabling easy access to information, enhancing productivity & improving the quality of life for our customers.”
Mr. V Ramnath, Director – Operator Channel, Nokia India added, “Nokia and Airtel have shared a long-term strategic partnership to drive mobility in India. Our association with Bharti Airtel for Ovi Life Tools will provide us a strong distribution platform enabling us to take the benefits of this transformational service to a much larger consumer base. We are confident that together, we will be able to address the existing information gap prevailing in the rural and urban India”.
Latest posts by telegurus (see all)
- MTNL Mumbai increases free data in prepaid yearly packs - September 4, 2017
- Nokia Ovi Life Tools now on Bharti Airtel’s mobile service - August 18, 2010
- Nokia unveils Super slim Nokia X3 ‘Touch and Type’ mobile phone - August 17, 2010
- Lava Mobile handsets now incorporated with new rupee symbol - August 17, 2010
- WiMAX INDIA 2010 is all set to take India on the Broadband Highway - August 17, 2010