Tata DOCOMO reveals 3G Tariff Plans with invitation offer
After allowing one week free 3G Life experience to the customers, Tata DOCOMO the first telecom service provider to launch 3G services in India, today announced attractive and innovative plans 3G tariff plans for consumers to upgrade to the 3G Life. These plans will be applicable from 10th November. Tata Docomo’s HSPA+ 3G Network, set up with the assistance of NTT Docomo, supports high-speed Internet access with speeds up to 21.1 Mbps. Technical literature often refers to this as ‘3.5 G+’. The network also supports high-definition voice (HD Voice) for superior voice clarity. The Company launched its 3G services this Diwali in nine Circles—Karnataka, Kerala, Rest of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya-Pradesh-Chhattisgarh and UP (West).
The company is offering Video calling at 5p/sec for local ,STD and national roaming and voice calls ranging from .66p/sec to 1.1p/sec along with free data usage on a range of 3G data plans for prepaid and postpaid plans
Tata Docomo 3G – Invitation Offer
All purchases and recharges of 3G services done before 31 December 2010 will get an additional 100 MB of free data per month for the first two months, as an invitation offer. This is designed to help the consumer discover the 3G services that are relevant and useful for them at no cost.
SMART LIFE PLANS
Small Screen Plans: Anytime Anywhere Call and Data Usage Plans
Tata DOCOMO’s Small Screen Plan works best for mobile phone users who need both 3G voice and high-speed data connectivity. The plan offers customers a combination of voice minutes and data usage, with simplicity & transparency in both PostPay and PrePay (see table below).
- These minutes can be used for ALL local, STD and outgoing roaming calls—all calls are on a per-second pulse
- The options are designed at various price points to cater to different consumption levels
- The above voice call minutes and 3G Data plans have a validity of 30 days
- Plans available in both PostPay and PrePay, so customers can choose their payment preference
- Plan 350 available for prepaid customers only
Small Screen Plans—3G Data Top-ups
Tata DOCOMO is also offering basic data packs for customers who want to try out 3G, and for those who want to top up on their above plans, or wish not to take the bundled plans as described above (see table below).
- These Top-ups have a validity of 30 days each
- The Top-ups are available in both PostPay and PrePay, so customers can choose their payment preference
- Top up 90 available for prepaid customers only
Large-Screen Plans—For Dongles (USB Data Cards)
These plans are for those customers who want to use 3G services to access the Internet on their laptops, tablets and PCs. Since data usage on these devices and tablets (such as IPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and SLIM SIM) is typically high, the plans have been designed to ensure customers experience the 3G Life without worrying about heavy expenses.
Worry-Free Unlimited Plans
The consumption of data on high-end devices such as Tablets is high, while voice usage is negligible. Keeping this in mind, some customers are concerned about exceeding data limits and incurring high spends. It is keeping this factor in mind that the Company is offering Worry-Free Unlimited Plans—for those customers who want to enjoy 3G connectivity at blazing-fast speeds without worrying about high bills.
Unlimited 3G Data Plans – Both on PostPay and PrePay
Basic ‘Class of service’ – an innovative customer centric proposition
- Choice of five unlimited plans
- Choice of three different speeds
- High in-built limit for peak speed access
Mobile Tv: Tata Docomo offers mobile tv on its 3G platform in association with Apalya Technologies . The company will offer mobile tv at a rental of Rs 99/month and download charges of 1p/1kb.
3G Life enables richer communication with friends and family, makes the device the gateway to a world of information and entertainment purely for personal consumption, assists the user with a host of location-based services and helps consumers get more out of life through a host of clever applications. The mobile device, from merely connecting consumers to their world, becomes the means to live a richer, more fulfilling life. 3G devices such as handsets, dongles and tablets, powered by Tata Docomo applications and services, will take the Internet world to the far corners of the country over time, bridging the Digital Divide and creating a strong multiplier effect for economic progress.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 118.6 cr, Jio adds 6 mn customers in Jun’17 - August 17, 2017
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017