BSNL and MTNL Teracom 3G data Card Troubleshooting
BSNL & MTNL are offering 3G data cards of Teracom ltd . If you are also using this 3G data card,here are some tips which can be handy if you are facing some issues with it.
Some of the problems which a customer may face and the possible solution for these are:
Data Card Device not detected as Modem – “No Device” message
Sometimes it may happen that the device is not detected as modem rather detected as USB mass storage device. In this case data card software window leaves the message ” No Device”. This happens because the Ericsson chipset inside the data card doesn’t work with already installed software of Qualcom chipset data card and vice versa. Thus one gets the message ” No device”.
Solution for Data Card “No Device” Problem
The solution is always install the new data card software by uninstalling the previously available software. Follow steps below.
- Remove data card from PC or Laptop.
- Uninstall previously installed data card driver.
- Restart your PC or Laptop.
- Insert data card and install drivers again. Now test data card connectivity, it should work.
- If problem still persists, then update you antivirus and scan your PC or Laptop.
Audio Driver of PC disabled after using data card
Sometime s after using the 3G data card the audio driver of the PC gets disabled and the users complain about speaker system not working after using the 3G data card.
Solution: After installing the driver of data card, enable the audio driver of laptop/PC from data card user interface from settings> Audio device. This should be done everytime the software is uninstalled and then installed.
Data card not compatible with Windows OS-7
The data card software doesn’t get installed automatically in windows OS-7 as it happens in other OS.
Solution : In such cases, the driver can be installed manually from My computer > BSNL 3G modem .
Update: Also read How to connect MTNL& BSNL 3G Data cards to Windows 8 laptops & PC?
Latest posts by Gaurang (see all)
- Uninor launches Monsoon Hungama STV 48 in Bihar & Jharkhand circle - July 13, 2012
- Micromax launches solar phone X259 for Rs.2499 - July 12, 2012
- How to Get 3.7 GB 3G data for Rs.300 only - July 11, 2012
- MTNL relaunches Trial 1099 Broadband offer with enhanced value - July 5, 2012
- Tata Photon Plus tariff slashed - June 30, 2012