Aircel launches its 3G Services
After Tata Docomo, Reliance and Airtel , GSM operators Aircel has started its 3G journey with the launch of 3G services in Chennai circle. Aircel has won licenses for 13 circles of the country. Aircel had recently mentioned that it will launch its 3G services around ICC Cricket World Cup 2011. Aircel will offer bouquet of services under 3G such as video calling, high speed mobile broadband, live video streaming, high definition gaming and much more. In order to give its customers feel and experience of 3G servics it has come up with an introductory offer till 27th Feb where it will offer 250 MB free data usage and 50 minutes of video calling. Customers can avail FREE Aircel 3G Offer by sending SMS “START 3G” to 121 or “TRY 3G” to 121.
Aircel has kept base data rate at 3 paise/ 10KB which is quite attractive as other private operator have 10p/10KB as base data tariff. BSNL has recently increased its 3G data rates from 1p/10KB to 2p/10KB while MTNL continues to offer data rates at 1p/10KB. Aircel has priced Video calling rates at 5p/sec.
There are dynamic bundled plans for the students, executives, and heavy users addressing all their needs enabling them with Voice, SMS as well as 3G data on Aircel. At an all inclusive price of Rs.132, Rs. 252, Rs. 502 & Rs.802 the consumers can enjoy 75MB, 150MB, 350MB & 1024MB data respectively for a month with inbuilt voice & SMS. In addition to this, Aircel has attractive data plans which ensure high speed experience at Rs. 92 for 100 MB. Then there are attractive Aircel 3G Dongle plans for you to stay connected on the move and get the best of high speed surfing.
Aircel is the fastest growing telecom service provider having rolled out 2G services in the shortest time frame in recent times. Aircel has recorded the fastest growth in revenue. In year 2010 revenue grew by 44% over 2009 and the incremental revenue market share grew by 19% in year 2010.
Data has been at the core of Aircel‘s strategy, built on its astute PocketInternet™ positioning which captured the imagination of the youth, resonating almost instantly. Aircel represents the modern face of India’s contemporary youth market, championing the future of telephony in India around the growing potential of the multi-functionality of the ubiquitous mobile terminal device and ‘the world of possibilities’ it will unleash across multiple segments, with the inclusion of underserved geographies.
Base Tariff – Video Calling: 5p/sec
Base Tariff- 3G data- 3p/10 KB
Aircel 3G Tariffs- May 2013
Aircel 3G Experience Zones
Customers can explore 3G at any of the following Aircel 3G Zones at Aircel stores in coming days.
- Chennai: Spencer Mall, Citi Centre Mall, Express Avenue Mall-Fun City, COCO – PH Road
- Hyderabad : Inorbit Mall, Prasads Imax Mall, GVK One Mall, COCO – Paradise Road
- Cochin : Oberon Mall, Bay Pride Mall, COCO – Vytella,
- Coimbatore : KG Theatre Complex, COCO – RS Puram
- Bangalore : Garuda Mall, Forum Mall, Mantri Mall, COCO – Indranagar
Aircel Pocket Internet 3G
With Aircel Pocket Internet you can access on-demand music, video, and other Aircel services such as apps, games, chat, social networking, news, sports and a lot more.
How to access Pocket Internet 3G
- SMS “3G” to 5800000
- You will get a welcome message with the url: http://3g.pocketinternet.in message
- Open this URL through GPRS.
- Click on the category that interests you.
- In each category, you will find content which you can either download to your handset or stream.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 118.6 cr, Jio adds 6 mn customers in Jun’17 - August 17, 2017
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017