Tata Docomo launches SMS based Route Finder Service
Tata Docomo launched its SMS based Route Finder Service. However, this service is only available to customers in nine 3G circles i.e. Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (West), Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. The service uses customers current location a source location and serves route map image for requested destination location. Unlike Aircel’s Pocketfinder a location based service which uses data connectivity, Tata docomo’s Route Finder uses SMS and WAP to serve route map.
Tata docomo Customers need to send an SMS mentioning destination location to 533331. Route Finder identifies if customer’s mobile device is a WAP device or Non-WAP device. In case of a non-WAP device, directions are sent through textual SMS. Customers using a WAP supported device will get a WAP Link which will have textual directions and route plotted on MAP. customer will have to pay Rs.5 per SMS request, however he will not be charged for failure responses. Also, as mentioned earlier, this service do not require a data connectivity and hence no Data usage charges applicable.
Latest posts by manav (see all)
- Dual core Superphone HTC Sensation launched in India for Rs 32700 - June 16, 2011
- Now pre-book Nokia E6, Touch & Type Business Smartphone for Rs 2000 - June 15, 2011
- Vodafone launches Audio Conferencing service for business customers - June 14, 2011
- HTC Salsa Social Mobile Phone now in India - June 13, 2011
- Airtel launches new unlimited Broadband plans with enhanced Fair Usage limits - June 11, 2011