Idea Cellular boasts of Highest Active Subscriber Base in April’11
Wireless subscriber base in India rose by 1.89% from 811.59 Million in March 2011 to 826.93 Million at the end of April 2011 which includes subscribers of GSM,CDMA and FWP. The overall wireless tele-density in India has now touched 69.19. But as per latest Visitor Location Register (VLR) data only 70.53% customers of 826.93 Million is active i.e. 583.22 mn subscribers as on April 2011. Visitor Location Register (VLR) is basically a temporary database of the subscribers who have roamed into the particular area, which it serves. Each base station in the network is served by exactly one VLR; hence a subscriber cannot be present in more than one VLR at a time.
Jammu & Kashmir has the highest proportion of VLR subscribers with 83.29% followed by Assam (77.43%) and Maharashtra (75.49%); Mumbai has the lowest proportion with 57.25%. Service Provider wise, Idea Cellular has most number of active customers with 92.92% followed by Bharti Airtel with 89.51%. Etisalat and MTNL have least number of active base 31.47% and 35.19% respectively. Vodafone has improved from 79.47% active base in March ’11 to 80.78% in April.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- High Court removes 200 SMS per day limit for non-commercial messages - July 14, 2012
- Airtel’s new prepaid data pack to offer 2G and 3G data in same pack - July 13, 2012
- BSNL introduces new prepaid CDMA data packs - July 12, 2012
- TRAI sets Quality of Services (QoS) Parameters for data services. - July 11, 2012
- Airtel brings new BlackBerry offers in Andhra Pradesh - July 11, 2012