How to get 3G speed on 2G connection
3G service offers services like high speed broadband, video calling & Mobile Tv etc. The high speed wireless broadband is most sought after of these all by 3G customers. But currently the 3G services are a bit costlier and that is the reason why mass migration from 3G to 2G has not taken place.
But here is a trick one can use 3G like speed on 2G connection if residing in a area where your mobile service provider has 3G connectivity.This trick may not always work but if you are lucky it may work. I tried it on Airtel and MTNL & BSNL connections and in all cases it has worked.
Below given are the steps to be followed:
- Go to settings in data card / mobile and select UMTS preferred, so that your data card chooses 3G Network
- Select the WAP/GPRS setting of the service provider as default setting. Do not choose 3G APN as default.
- Now try connecting, if you get connected on 3G network with WAP?GPRS settings you will get 3G speed and will be charged on 2G data rates only.
- Now you recharge with Rs.98/99 unlimited 2G recharge coupons and enjoy high speed internet 2G connection.
Latest posts by Gaurang (see all)
- Uninor launches Monsoon Hungama STV 48 in Bihar & Jharkhand circle - July 13, 2012
- Micromax launches solar phone X259 for Rs.2499 - July 12, 2012
- How to Get 3.7 GB 3G data for Rs.300 only - July 11, 2012
- MTNL relaunches Trial 1099 Broadband offer with enhanced value - July 5, 2012
- Tata Photon Plus tariff slashed - June 30, 2012