Idea Cellular tops MNP Chart with net gain of 9.28 Lakhs customers
It seems Idea Cellular’s latest “India 3G pe Busy” Ad campaign is being taken seriously by mobile customers. The recent Mobile Number Portability (MNP) data reveals the fact and success of this Ad campaign. As per exclusive MNP data as on 31st July’2011, Idea Cellular tops the MNP chart with net gain of 9.28 lakhs customers. These customers have opted Idea by switching from their existing mobile service provider. Idea has net gain of 9.28 lakh customers ahead of Vodafone which has net gain of 8.07 lakh and Airtel at third place with net gain of 7.20 lakh. Cirlces which have showed highest gains for Idea are Maharashta, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
Reliance Comm, the biggest MNP looser is facing the heat and continues to lose more customers from both of its GSM and CDMA services. It has overtaken state run telecom PSU BSNL in losing maximum number of customers to other operators. While Reliance GSM’s arm net loss of customers stands at 6.17 lakh its CDMA unit’s net loss stands at 5.93 lakh customers making the total net loss of 12 lakh customers to other operators. BSNL’s net loss stands at 6.02 lakh customers in which maximum loss has been from the circles of Punjab, Haryana and Karnataka.The only three circles where BSNL has gained customers are Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Orissa.
|Operator||MNP Net Gain|
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017
- TRAI floats consultation paper to discuss transparency, promotional offers & predatory pricing - February 18, 2017
- DoT allows Quadrant Televentures to shut its mobile operations from April - February 17, 2017