Idea Cellular selects RealNetworks for Ringback Tone (RBT) Service in India
Idea Cellular has chosen RealNetworks for Ringback Tone (RBT) Service in India. RealNetworks is a global pioneer in Ringback Tone Services, and its RBT ASP service is available through 16 mobile operators in 10 countries around the world with 588 million subscribers. Idea has introduced several ‘industry first’ VAS innovations in the past, building a reputation as a thought leader in the telecom space.
RealNetworks will power Dialer Tones for 10 key circles in Gujarat, Rajasthan, UP West, UP East, Bihar, Orissa, West Bengal, Kolkata, Assam and North East. The subscriber base of these circles constitute about one-third of Idea Cellular’s total base, who will now have access to globally advanced and innovative service features.
RealNetworks has been steadily growing its business in India since the company opened its first office in National Capital Region (NCR) in 2005. RealNetworks already provides RBT service for Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers as well as VAS operations to Tier 1 carriers.
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- TRAI initiates process to define rules for network testing before commercial launch - May 2, 2017
- Wireless Subscriber Base increases by 13.75 mn in Feb’17 - April 29, 2017
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017