RIM reduces prices of select BlackBerry handsets
After slashing prices of BlackBerry PlayBook RIM has now reduced prices upto 26% on select Blackberry handsets to enhance its penetration in Indian markets. BlackBerry smartphone makers Research In Motion (RIM) is under constant pressure amidst declining market share in major global markets as Apple and Samsung continue to establish their hegemony in smartphone segment. It has decided to decrease prices of BlackBerry handsets to increase its market share in price sensitive Indian markets.
BlackBerry handsets which have gone cheaper are BlackBerry Torch 9860, Curve 9360, Curve 8520 and Curve 9380. BlackBerry Torch 9860 has seen the highest drop of 26% as its prices have been dropped from Rs 29990 to Rs 21990. Similarly BlackBerry Curve 9380 will now be available at Rs 16990 a price reduction of 19% from the earlier rate of Rs 20990.
BlackBerry Curve 9360 is cheaper by Rs 1000 and new price is Rs 18990 and BlackBerry Curve 8520 prices has been slashed by 18% as the new prices are Rs.8990.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 118.6 cr, Jio adds 6 mn customers in Jun’17 - August 17, 2017
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017