Wireless Subscriber base touches 929.37 mn till May’12
Indian teledensity has reached 79.28 at the end of May 2012 as per latest data released by TRAI. Total subscriber base has crossed 960.90 mn with wireless base touching 929.37 mn. Total Wireless subscriber base increased from 921.02 Million in Apr’12 to 929.37 Million at the end of May’12, registering a growth of 0.91%.
The share of Urban wireless subscribers has decreased from 64.54 % to 64.24% where as share of Rural wireless subscribers has increased from 35.46% to 35.76%. The overall Wireless Tele density in India reaches 76.68. Bharti Airtel’s market share presently stand at 19.94% followed by Reliance with 16.58% while Vodafone holds 16.41% market share in wireless segment till May’12. But from this base of 929.37 Million only 689.33 Million were active on the date of Peak VLR for the month of May’12. Circle-wise, J&K has the highest proportion of VLR subscribers with 84.73% followed by Assam (81.16%) and MP (80.65 %); Mumbai has the lowest proportion with 61.69%. Service Provider wise, Idea leads the tally with 92.33% followed by Bharti (91.21%).
Broadband subscription has reached 14.31 Million in May 2012 from 13.95 Million in April 2012.
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- Mobile Subscriber Base crosses 117.4 cr in April 2017, Jio adds 3.8 mn - June 14, 2017
- Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) in telecom dips by 13% in Q4 - June 13, 2017
- TRAI launches new Mobile Apps and Web Portal - June 6, 2017
- TRAI prohibits discriminatory tariffs within same class of customers - May 25, 2017
- Vodafone adds three new prepaid combo plans - May 25, 2017