Govt of India lifts ban on bulk SMS and MMS
Government of India has finally lifted the ban on bulk SMS and MMS all across country. Considering the recent communal violence in Assam; Govt of India imposed ban on bulk SMS/MMS as solution to control rumors. The ban was imposed on 17 Aug and initially mobile user were allowed to send 5 SMS/MMS per day per SIM which subsequently increased to 20 SMS/MMS per day per SIM. Now finally ban has been lifted and telecom operators loosing good amount of revenue on SMS/MMS may be happy with Govts decision.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014