Bharti Airtel becomes the fourth largest mobile operator in the world
India’s leading mobile service provider, Bharti Airtel, the company which has operations in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa has become world’s fourth largest mobile operator in terms of number of subscribers. As per the report named as ‘Scoreboard’ released by Wireless Inteligence , Bharti Airtel has moved up from its earlier fifth rank to fourth rank worldwide recording 13 percent year -on- year increase in number of subscribers. The company now has 250.04 million subscribers.
Bharti Airtel had become the fifth largest mobile operator in the world following its acquisition of Zain Group’s mobile operations across 15 African nations in June 2010.
|Operator||Connections (millions)||YoY Growth,connections|
|Vodafone Group||386.88||5 %|
|America Movil Group||251.83||7 %|
|Bharti Airtel||250.04||13 %|
|Telefonica Group||243.51||7 %|
(Mobile operator worldwide group global ranking by connections, Q2 2012)
Apart from Bharti Airtel, other Indian operators included in the top 20 list are Reliance communication (8th rank), Idea cellular (14th rank), BSNL (20th rank).
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014