Vodafone and ICICI Bank launches Mobile Payment Service m-Pesa
Major telecom operator Vodafone and country’s leading private sector bank ICICI today announced launch of mobile payment services “m-pesa”. Initially, Vodafone will launch m-pesa mobile payment service in the eastern region of the country viz. Kolkata, West Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand ; followed by rest of the country in phased manner.
The partnership between Vodafone and ICICI Bank effectively leverages the strengths of Vodafone’s significant distribution reach and the security of financial transactions provided to customers by ICICI Bank. These services are made convenient using a vast network of authorized agents who will enable the customer to deposit and withdraw cash in and from their account. By facilitating banking transactions at such agent locations, this alliance effectively delivers the last mile access in remote areas.
Vodafone m-pesa will enable:
- Cash deposit and withdrawal from designated outlets
- Money transfer to any mobile phone in India
- Range of mobile payment services including purchase of mobile recharge, recharge of DTH services and utility bill payments
- Money transfer to any bank account in India
- Payments at select shops
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014