Airtel launches ‘Emergency Alert Service’
Airtel has introduced a new value added service ‘Emergency Alert Service’ for its mobile customers. With this service customers can alert and inform their near and dear ones in the times of emergency. This service will allow mobile users to send an alert with their geographic location to 10 family/friends simultaneously with just a call, facilitating an access to easy and quick help. Airtel users can even send a ‘SAFE’ SMS indication to a pre-defined group of 10 family members and friends and keep them informed of their well-being especially when out alone and during any natural calamity or disaster with just one click. Such services can be very helpful during emergency situations like tsunami, terror attack, earthquake, cyclone or disasters like fire & accidents.
- Activate service by dialing 55100 and follow menu options. You will be charged Rs 30/- for 30 days
- Identify your closest 10 loved ones by adding their number by messaging START <MobileNumber1>, <MobileNumber2>, <MobileNumber3> up to 10 numbers
Inform them of your safety
- SMS SAFE to 55100 to reassure loved ones that you are safe
Send an emergency alert
- When in an emergency and unable to talk, give a call to 55100. Your family will receive voice and SMS alerts with your location details.
- Need help urgently and cannot decide whom to call? SMS HELP to 55100 and send alert to all your closest 10 loved ones
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014