TRAI brings consultation paper on ‘Deactivation of SIMs due to Non-usage’.
Telecom regulator TRAI has released a new consultation paper on setting up a process for deactivating mobile numbers which are inactive due to non-usage. With phenomenal growth in mobile telephony over the last decade there is growing scarcity for mobile numbers and to manage these numbering resources in an efficient manner TRAI has released this consultation paper seeking comments from various stakeholders of the telecom industry. TRAI aims to bring transparency in the matters of mobile disconnections and opines that customers should be informed in this regard. If any customer wishes to retain such mobile number then he may be allowed to do so on payment of a connection retention fee.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014