Now Video chat on your MTNL Landline Phone
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited [MTNL] has launched Landline Video telephony services “VFone” in Mumbai and Delhi circles. The Voice & Video over Broadband (VVoBB) service enables Video chat service on existing MTNL Landline phone. With Video Telephony offerings, MTNL will leverage last mile Copper network and try to push the service among its Landline base of more then 30 Lakhs customers in both these cities. The Video Telephony service “VFone” has been commercially launched by MTNL today in Mumbai and Delhi by making an inaugural call by Mr. Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communication and IT.
Based on Video devices, the tariff plans are categorized in to three categories viz - Standard, Silver and Gold Video Telephony Tariff plans. The Standard plan customers will get CIF video resolution (352 x 288 pixels) whereas Silver and Gold plan customers will enjoy VGA video resolution (640 x 480 pixels) and HD720p video resolution (1280 x 720 pixels) respectively.
MTNL Standard Video Telephony tariff plans start from Rs.699 where customer will get 700 minutes of video calls and beyond that 300 minutes of audio calls. For availing the service er will require Video Phone device which he can obtain from MTNL on rental basis. Customer can also outright purchase the device from MTNL. Video Phone device rental for basic model starts from Rs.745 p.m. Click here for more details.
BSNL had already rolled out his Video Telephone Services in India in collaboration with Sai InfoSystem (I) Ltd. More details here.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014