Wireless Subscriber Base declines to 890.60 mn in Nov’12
Telecom operators continue to disconnect non-active customers from their networks as total wireless subscriber base decreased from 904.23 mn in Oct’12 to 890.60 mn at the end of Nov’12, registering a monthly growth of –1.51%. Net loss of 13.6 mn subscribers was witnessed in wireless segment with almost all operators have followed the trend of disconnecting non-active customers. Tata reported highest net loss of 4.2mn followed by Bharti with 2.8mn, Vodafone with 2.3mn, Idea with 1.5 mn and Aircel with 1.4 mn.
Out of the total 890.60 mn wireless subscribers, 707.28 mn were active on the date of Peak VLR for the month of Nov’12. The proportion of VLR subscribers is approximately 79.42% of the total wireless subscriber base reported by the service providers. Circle-wise, Maharashtra has the highest proportion of VLR subscribers with 84.71% followed by Madhya Pradesh (83.93%) and J&K (83.76%); Mumbai has the lowest proportion with 70.27%. Service Provider wise, Idea leads the tally with 98.06% followed by Vodafone (93.39%).
Total Broadband subscriber base has increased from 14.81 million at the end of October 2012 to 14.88 million at the end of November 2012, there by showing a monthly growth of 0.47%. Yearly growth in broadband subscribers is 13.33% during the last one year (November 2011 to November 2012). Top five ISPs in terms of market share (based on subscriber base) are: BSNL (9.79 million), Bharti Airtel (1.39 million), MTNL (1.08 million), Hathway (0.37 million) and You Broadband (0.29 million).
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014