Airtel adds Ultrasonic 40 Mbps Broadband plans
Bharti Airtel today announced launch of 40 Mbps Broadband plans in Hyderabad. Airtel is using VDSL technology which enables high speed data transfer. The company has introduced two 40 Mbps plans branded as Ultrasonic plans. The Ultrasonic 3299 will offer 100 GB of data usage along with 1000 free voice minutes. The 2nd plan in the array – Ultrasonic 3999 will offer 200 GB of data usage along with 2000 free voice minutes. Airtel has not disclosed the speed after free usage.
In order to avail 40Mbps speed under these plans special VDSL modem is required. Airtel is providing Beetal VDSL modem for a price of Rs.3099. Airtel VDSL modem also equips WiFi. Airtel is also offering FREE Value Added Services (VAS) like Parallel Ringing, PC Secure Anti-Virus protection, Unlimited Gaming services, LearnNext service for school going children.
Who else is offering VDSL or Fibre Broadband ?
BSNL is also offering Broadband services using VDSL technology but the speed is limited to 10 Mbps. However, BSNL is offering Fibre Broadband plans with speed upto 100 Mbps. The rates for 40 Mbps offered by Airtel Ultrasonic plans are attractive compared to BSNL tariff plans. BSNL is offering 100 GB for Rs.6999 at speed of 16Mbps. And BSNL’s 50 Mbps unlimited Fibre plan is available for Rs.49999 (without any Fair Usage Cap).
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014