GSM subscriber base declines to 655.8 mn in Feb’13.
GSM subscriber base in India has further slumped in the month of Feb 2013 as it declined from 657.5mn in Jan’13 to 655.8 mn in Feb’13 ( excluding Reliance GSM & Tata GSM). Although Airtel, Idea and Vodafone had decent positive net additions in the last month it was massive net loss of subscribers reported by Uninor that brought the overall base in the negative. Uninor, which has recently shut down its operations in Mumbai & Kolkata, reported net loss of more than 8.3mn customers in the same month. State run telecom PSU MTNL had net loss of 2 lakh customers while Aircel had appx. 7 lakh net loss of subscribers.
Idea cellular added highest number of new customers with 2.8mn customers while Airtel garnered 2.4 mn in the same month. Vodafone had 2.1mn new customers on its network taking its total mobile base to 149.8 mn. Market leader Airtel has now total subscriber base of 186.6 mn at the end Feb’13 while Idea Cellular boasts of having total base of 119.2mn.
|Group Company wise % market share (Subscribers) – February 2013|
|Name of Company||Total Sub Figures||Additions in February 2013||Market share(%)|
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014