TRAI to penalize operators for delayed & false audit reports
Telecom regulator TRAI is now all set to introduce financial disincentives for bringing in more discipline among telecom operators in areas of submission of audit reports and settling billing issues. TRAI has issued the ‘Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering has introduced and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013′ amending the framework for audit of the metering and billing system of telcos . Under this new regulation telecom operators can now be penalized at the rate of Rs.1 lakh per week for delay in submission of Audit Reports and Action Taken Reports. For any false or incomplete information in the action take report the penalty can be maximum up to Rs 10 lakh per action taken report. Apart from that it will be imperative for telecom operators to refund any overcharged amount within two months otherwise there will be financial disincentive equivalent to the amount of overcharged amount.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014