Reliance Jio partners Airtel for international data connectivity
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, after forging tie-up with RComm for sharing optic fibre network and towers , has now joined hands with Bharti Airtel for international data connectivity. It has signed an Indefeasible Right to Use (IRU) Agreement with Bharti for providing data capacity on its i2i submarine cable.
Bharti Airtel’s i2i cable system will be utilized by Reliance Jio for direct access and ultra fast connectivity to major hubs across Asia Pacific. Reliance Jio will utilize a dedicated fiber pair on i2i. It will connect Reliance Jio directly to the world’s major business hubs and ISPs, thereby, helping the operator to meet the bandwidth demand and provide ultra fast data experience to its customers. Both the companies are also working to explore more areas of mutual interest for commercial exploitation and future growth.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014