Tata Docomo introduces ‘Facebook Check-In’ service on USSD platform
Tata Docomo has introduced a new value added service related to social networking site FaceBook. The new service ‘ FaceBook Check-in ‘ works on USSD platform and it will not require any internet connection or GPS on mobile. Facebook Check-In service basically allows a user to “Check-In” to a location over USSD. This Check-in will reflect on the user’s Facebook profile. Using this service a user can share his physical location with other people on their network. Tata Docomo users can dial *325*50# and share their location on their Facebook page anytime, anywhere without using internet or GPS. Check in service will be charged at Re 1 per location check-in. The service leverages Tata DOCOMO’s location based platform to identify user’s location and thus eliminates the needof a GPS enabled phone. The service is first in the market brought together with their partners U2opia Mobile. In addition, TATA and U2opia Mobile have rolled out Facebook Messaging for users without mobile Internet on their phone.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014