Reliance Communications ready to offer Aadhar authentication for customer verification.
Taking a step towards making customer verification and mobile activation smooth and hassle free Reliance Communications has announced that it is ready to offer the first of its kind Aadhar authentication process in the country post successful testing of the services in both company owned and non company owned retail outlets. Customer verification has been a troublesome area for mobile operators and lately TRAI has put in place stringent norms and penalties for activating mobile connections against fake ids. Once launched Reliance will become the first telecom operator in the country to test the concept of Aadhar authentication from a non company owned multi brand small retail outlet. Reliance Communications is ready to launch the services across all circles post the necessary guidelines issued by DOT.
Mobile customers can soon walk into any retailer in the country with their respective Aadhar card and then retailer can share the customer’s Aadhar profile details along with the biometric authentication details online with UIDAI server for real time authentication of the identity of the customer. After this process the customer details can be fetched online from UIDAI server and the customer mobile connection can be processed with Reliance Communications for immediate activation. The customer verification process is thus undertaken through Aadhar authentication.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014