Telecom Operators open free calling booths & BTS location tracking helpline for Uttarakhand flood victims
Presently we are witnessing disastrous flood in Kedarnath shrine and hills of Uttarakhand. Assessing the sorrowful condition, the Indian Telecom operators have started various initiatives enabling Uttarakhand flood victims connect to their families.
In a statement today, Aircel announced its free communication facilities in Uttarakhand. The free mobile booths setup at Koti Relief Camp in Tehri district is manned by Aircel staff providing free calling facility to affected people landing to the camp. Aircel has also started Helpline Numbers +91 9716215000 and + 91 9716218000 will indicate the present or last location of the subscriber in Uttarakhand with date and time, whose telephone number is given by caller on the above mentioned numbers. These help line numbers are accessible from anywhere in the country and abroad.
MTS India Initiatives
Similarly, MTS India in association with Goonj, an NGO started its relief initiatives. Company has started free phone booths at Doiwala Government hospital and at Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun. In-addition, MTS India has set up a 24X7 customer helpline to help family members trace their near and dear ones, based on tracking through the last BTS location and the last call made by a victim using an MTS phone. Family members can call on two helpline numbers i.e. +91 9152550000 and +91 9152550001 to access the special service.
1. Ensuring un-interrupted communication through robust network coverage using “Instant Network equipment” or “network in a box”, a portable BTS. This the first time this technology has been used in the country in such situations.
2. Relief Aid through Indian Red Cross where Vodafone Foundation is making a donation of INR 78,75,486 (£85,684) for relief work to cover the provision of 2200 family packs (containing basic necessities)to the areas worst affected.
3. An online fundraising campaign called “Operation Care” in association with SAMHITA, a local NGO. An online platform http://samhita.org/
4. Two Helpline Numbers have been opened in our Call Centres (9759001234 and 9759101234) toassist people in locating missing friends and relatives.
Airtel BTS Location Tracking Numbers
To get the location details of your loved ones stranded in Uttarakhand natural calamity, please contact Airtel helpline nos: 9818003057, 9958976317
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014