Create your home LAN using existing electric wiring and Power Ethernet Adapters
The concept of having Home LAN with proper wired Local Area Network and switches is now matter of past. Nowadays we majorly use WiFi at homes and offices to get connected to Internet. The data and files sharing among two or more devices is taken care by cloud storage like Dropbox. Even though WiFi is preferred option, the wireless internet coverage is mainly depends on quality of WiFi router. Many times in a big house having two or more rooms, installation of more then one WiFi router is required for better wireless network coverage. The multiple WiFi routers ensure extend-ability of WiFi coverage across the premises. This is being achieved through physically connecting these WiFi Routers using LAN Cables, again a painful task. Here is an alternative.
Using Powerline Ethernet Adapters you can use your existing electric wiring and create your Home LAN. These Powerline LAN Adapters can be plugged in to any ordinary Power outlet to extend the existing DSL Broadband connection to electric socket of any other room of house. These devices leverage existing electric wires to connect the networking devices across the house. See the diagram below. In room-1 the broadband router is connected to power socket using a Powerline Ethernet adapter; and in room-2 a Gaming Console is connected in similar way sharing the internet.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014