Tata Docomo slashes 2G & 3G data rates
Mobile Data segment is witnessing competitive action as telecom operators are slashing data rates to encourage users to access internet on their mobile. Tata Docmo is the latest to join as it has slashed 2G and 3G data rates from 10p/10KB to 1p/10KB for prepaid customers using data packs. These discounted rates will be offered when customers exhaust free data or validity of 2G or 3G packs. These tariffs will apply from 1st July to all prepaid customers across India.
The revised tariffs will be applicable on 2G data packs – RC 126 (2GB for 30 days), RC 149 (2.5GB for 30 days) and RC 249 (3GB for 60 days) and 3G data pack – RC 255 (2GB for 30 days). Once customers exhaust their free 2G or 3G data quantum, they can continue to access high speed mobile internet by paying only 1 paise per 10 kb instead of the earlier 10 paise per 10 kb data; thereby enjoying a 90 percent discount. This proposition will be applicable even while customers are roaming on Tata DOCOMO GSM network nationally.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014