Airtel launches 4G on Mobile in Bengaluru at current 3G prices
Bharti Airtel today rolled out India’s first 4G services on mobile. The ultra fast 4G is launched in collaboration with Apple wherein Airtel customers in Bengaluru will now be able to experience 4G on their on Apple iPhone 5s or 5c mobile handsets at the current 3G prices. Existing Airtel customers will have to just change their existing SIM to a 4G SIM; no need to migrate from their existing data plan or pack.
Further, Airtel mobile customers both prepaid and postpaid using 2G/GPRS data plans/packs can also opt for any of the 3G plans/packs available and enjoy 4G speeds. The Airtel 4G SIMs will be available at all Airtel stores across the city. Customers can also SMS 4G to 53636 or call 121 for more details.
Airtel 4G Mobile Tariff Plan
Airtel also launched an exclusive 4G data plan for heavy data users. Airtel 4G plan offers 10 GB of data usage on 4G network for just Rs.1000. Here, the voice calls will be routed on 2G/3G seamlessly with the CSFB (circuit switched fall back) technology. In Bengaluru, Airtel has already launched it 4G service on Dongle devices (see tariff here).
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014