Airtel crosses 200 million mobile customer mark in India
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) today announced company’ achievement of crossing the 200 million mobile subscriber mark in India. Airtel is the largest telecom operator in India, both in terms of customers and revenues. The Company ranks as the fourth largest mobile operator in the world in terms of subscribers. Airtel started its mobile operations in India in 1995 and crossed the 100 million mobile customers mark in India in 2009. Thus Last 100 million added in less than 5 years.
Airtel provides 2G, 3G, 4G, Mobile Commerce and other Value Added Services in India. Its distribution channel is spread across 1.5 Mn outlets, with network presence in 5,121 census and 460,655 non-census towns and villages in India covering approximately 86.7% of the country’s population. Airtel has the largest rural mobile customer base in India with over 88 million mobile customers (from rural markets).
Airtel has India’s widest 3G footprint, offering customers high-speed internet access and a host of innovative services like Mobile TV, video calls, live-streaming videos and gaming. Airtel is the only mobile operator in India to offer 4G services using TD-LTE technology, providing customers the fastest wireless services with buffer-less HD video streaming and multi-tasking capabilities.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014