TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services.
Telecom regulator TRAI is now getting ready to address data related issues faced by customers such as poor download experience with the release of its latest consultation paper. The consultation paper aims to bring amendment to ‘The Standards of Quality of Service for wireless data services Regulations 2012. So far TRAI has not defined any benchmark for the parameter ‘minimum download speed’ but now it aims to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services based on the data provided by telecom operators on minimum download speed in the last three quarters. It also seeks to make it mandatory for telecom operators to mention minimum download speed on all sale vouchers , website , advt etc.
Latest posts by Shubham Pandey (see all)
- MTNL offers free 50 MB 3G data & discount on Sakhi Prepaid Plan during elections. - April 23, 2014
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for wireless data services. - April 22, 2014
- Vodafone launches managed video conferencing service for enterprises. - April 21, 2014
- Reliance Communications hikes prepaid mobile tariffs by up to 20% - April 16, 2014
- MTNL offers Rs 200 discount on new bookings to customers casting vote. - April 16, 2014