BSNL Landline to offer Unlimited Night Calls to any Landline/ Mobile Network across India
Presently there is no compelling value proposition for buying fixed line services and this segment is continuously witnessing high surrender rate as mobile penetration continues to grow with a healthy rate. Fixed line tariffs have always been on a higher side compared to mobile tariffs but they provide vital access to high speed wireline broadband. But now state run telecom PSU BSNL, which has the highest number of fixed line subscribers in the country, has come out with an attractive offer to lure customers to its fixed line service. BSNL is going to offer Unlimited Night calls to any landline and mobile network across India from 1st May 2015 from its landline service. BSNL has increased the rentals of fixed line plans but added the key benefit of making Unlimited Calls from 9pm to 7 am to any landline and fixed line network. Both BSNL and MTNL, which have combined market share of 75.4% in wireline services, are saving substantial money which was earlier being paid as termination charges to other operators for calls terminating on their landline networks after TRAI abolished termination charges for fixed line services. BSNL has decided to pass on the benefit to customers and create compelling value proposition for fixed line services and arrest its surrender rate. More than 16.6 mn BSNL fixed line customers are going to benefit from this offer.
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017
- TRAI floats consultation paper to discuss transparency, promotional offers & predatory pricing - February 18, 2017
- DoT allows Quadrant Televentures to shut its mobile operations from April - February 17, 2017