National Roaming Tariffs to get reduced from 1st May’15.
Telecom operators may be planning to increase tariffs after recently concluded spectrum auction but telecom regulator TRAI in yet another customer friendly initiative has slashed ceiling tariffs for national roaming calls and SMS which will enable mobile customers to enjoy lower tariffs while roaming. Apart from reduction in ceiling tariffs of roaming TRAI has also asked operators to introduce special national roaming plan for prepaid and postpaid customers with optional fixed charge that will offer free incoming while national roaming. Ceiling tariff for local outgoing calls while roaming is reduced from Re 1/min to 80p/min and STD call tariff from Rs 1.50p/min to Rs 1.15p/min. Incoming calls while roaming will have the ceiling rate of 45p/min instead of 75p/min. Local SMS while roaming will now cost max 25p which was earlier Re 1. National SMS while roaming has been slashed from Rs 1.50 to just 38p. Mobile customers can enjoy these lower roaming rates from 1st May 2015.
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- TRAI initiates process to define rules for network testing before commercial launch - May 2, 2017
- Wireless Subscriber Base increases by 13.75 mn in Feb’17 - April 29, 2017
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017