Telecom base reaches 100.93 cr in Jul’15
India’s total telecom base crossed 1009.31 mn at the end of July as overall teledensity reached 80.09. In the month of June telecom base was 1006.96 mn while teledensity stood at 79.98 to 80.09 but rural teledensity witnessed decline from 48.66 in June to 48.40 in July. Wireless subscriber base grew from 980.81 mn to 983.21 mn in the samer period. Bharti Airtel , Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications added highest number of subscribers with 1.0 mn, 6.7 lakh and 5.3 lakh net additions respectively. State run telecom PSU BSNL was able to garner 4.7 lakh new customers although in June it witnessed net loss of 2.6 lakh customers . Another state PSU MTNL had net additions of 22212 in July compared to 15658 in June. Interestingly Vodafone, which is mostly among top three telecom operators in terms of new additions , had only 65104 net additions in the same month. Telenor reported highest net loss of 9.6 lakh customers followed by Sistema which had net loss of 77892.
In broadband segment total subscriber base increased from 108.85 mn in Jun to 113.32 mn in Jul’15 with monthly growth rate of 4.10%. Wireless broadband grew from 92.7 mn to 97.04 mn while wireline broadband from 15.70 mn to 15.84mn . Presently leading top five broadband service providers are Bharti Airtel (26.51 million), Vodafone (22.71 million), BSNL (18.43 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (17.43 million) and Reliance Communications Group (9.93 million).
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- TRAI initiates process to define rules for network testing before commercial launch - May 2, 2017
- Wireless Subscriber Base increases by 13.75 mn in Feb’17 - April 29, 2017
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017