BSNL slashes mobile tariffs by 80% for existing customers
Telecom PSU BSNL has decided to offer its recently introduced mobile tariff plans with attractive call charges meant for new customers to its existing base of mobile customers. STV 88 and STV 42 have been designed to offer same tariff benefits to existing customers from 16th Jan 2016. BSNL offers call charges of 10p/min for On-net local/STD calls and 30p/min to Off-Net local/ STD calls in Per Minute Plan. Similarly under Per Second Plan BSNL customers are charged 1p/3 sec for On-net local/STD charges and 2p/3sec for Off-net local /STD call. The validity of STV 88 is 60 days while STV 42 has 21 days of validity. BSNL’s performance in mobile space is gradually improving owing to increased rate of acquisition of new mobile customers and competitive tariffs .
BSNL has also introduced two new STVs i.e. STV 69 and STV 209. STV 69 offers all local calls at 1p/2sec for a period of 30 days while STV 209 comes with talk time of Rs 25 and call charges of 1p/2sec for all local calls with validity of 90 days.
BSNL has further rationalized its mobile tariffs by slashing validity of existing STVs of Rs 45, Rs 122 , Rs 47 and Rs 84. The new validity of STV 45, STV 122, STV 47m, STV 84 is 25 days, 75 days, 21 days and 75 days respectively.
Latest posts by Zainul Ibad (see all)
- TRAI initiates process to define rules for network testing before commercial launch - May 2, 2017
- Wireless Subscriber Base increases by 13.75 mn in Feb’17 - April 29, 2017
- License fee dips by 9.62% in Qtr ending Dec’16 - April 11, 2017
- Telecom Operators’ Adjusted Gross Revenue(AGR) decline in Q3 - March 3, 2017
- MobiKwik to offer 15% cashback to Connect Broadband customers - February 20, 2017