GPRS Settings – Idea, Airtel, Vodafone, Aircel, T24, Uninor, BSNL, Loop
Sometimes we may find it difficult to connect mobile internet through GPRS or 3G. One of the reasons may be wrong GPRS /3G settings. You can get GPRS/3G settings by calling to your service providers’ call center or do it all by yourself manually. Now remember GPRS or 3G settings is all about one thing and that is Access Point Name (APN) and if you know APN of your operator you will never face problem. APN is required to access internet via mobile or data card through your mobile connection . As most of the handsets are Android we are giving you details for GPRS /3G settings on Android based handsets. We are giving you an example of MTNL here and for other operators just change the APN which are mentioned below.
1 ) Go to Settings .
2) Click on Wireless & Networks
3) Click on Mobile Networks then Access Point Names
4) Now from Options Menu choose “New APN’ ( alternatively you can edit changes in existing ones also)
5) Under Name Menu type ‘MTNL 3G’ ( you can write anything like MTNL GPRS or just MTNL )
6) Then under APN type ‘mtnl.net’
7) Leave other menus as it is and save from options menu.
For screen shots of these settings please click here
3G/ GPRS Settings for Windows 8 Smartphones
- Go to Settings
- Select Access Point
- Now click on add button given at the bottom.
- Under Connection name type the name of the operator
- Under Access Point Name type the APN of the operator .
- Save the Settings
- Now go to Cellular data and select ON under data connection .
- Go to the browser and surf internet
For SCREEN SHOTS of WIndows 8 settings please click here
These are the APNs for other mobile operators. These can also be used in mobile as well as data card settings as well( see the data card screen shot)
Reliance: rcomnet or smartnet
Tata Docomo/T24: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET
Data Card Settings Screen shot. Use the APN as per your operator .
If you still face problem then contact the call center of your operator. If you have anything to share or offer an update regarding 3G /GPRS settings please mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Farhan (see all)
- High Court removes 200 SMS per day limit for non-commercial messages - July 14, 2012
- Airtel’s new prepaid data pack to offer 2G and 3G data in same pack - July 13, 2012
- BSNL introduces new prepaid CDMA data packs - July 12, 2012